February 2, 2014

Bring me that chisel, please


Well, freezing temperatures seem determined to not only wear out their welcome, but flatten it too. The only upside of this is most folks have taken to staying home instead of rushing to my place of employment and buying every scrap of food in sight.

I'm so tempted to join them.

On my bed is a glorious down comforter and a set of flannel sheets. The cozy flannel I snagged on sale years ago, while the comforter was a gift from my mom when I still lived at home. Together they make a pile of fluffy, warm goodness I am loathed to leave on a cold morning.

So, of course this means I keep putting off getting up for work until I have to scramble or be late. My husband is even more reluctant to leave the warm blankets as his job requires him to be out in the mess of ice, snow, and frigid winds. This means we've been getting home, thawing out, scrounging something edible for dinner, and then crashing a couple hours later. I've opened my laptop every night since my last post and almost every night I've closed it back down without having touched so much as a word of it.

Frustrating is an understatement.

Now, I did manage to apply the edit notes written out for it and do a rough going over, but that's all. It's still a mess of scenes marked for disposal and mending. Several just need to be smoothed out, but as I was falling asleep at my laptop, it didn't seem like a good idea. I've done edits while half drunk on lack of sleep. It's not pretty.

Anywho, I better go before I burn something. I've got leftover chicken fried rice heating on the stove and I prefer it stay charcoal free. Also, the kettle is screaming and I ought to put it out of its misery before it steams off all the hot water for my tea. With how cold and nasty it is today, I'm going to need it all to tackle these pesky edits. 

Wish me luck....and energy....and warmth, and--

Er, nevermind. *heads for the kitchen*




~Sun and Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment