January 25, 2011

If it's not one thing, it's another

I am about ready to pull my hair out. Seriously.

Here's why...


I've gotten the first ten chapters of my book back from both of my editting friends. I talked to them, and then went through the chapters and fixed all the errors they had marked. I even fixed a few that Microsoft Works pointed out, only to realize I had a million dialogue tags that needed to be fixed. So I grumbled and sat down to get them done. I got half of them squared away this morning and then stopped to shower and head off to work. When I got back home, I did a little more work and watched my favorite TV show before returning to the computer to finish the last bit.

They're done now, but guess what? I have no cover art to put up when I post the chapters to Authonomy.

-sigh-

So instead of posting my chapters today and getting up tomorrow to find a few comments on said work(I had hoped), I get to plot out a rough sketch in the morning and pray the end result won't send people running to another book instead.


I also need to skim chapters 11-20 and make sure they don't have any major errors. Then it'll be time to see if I have enough paper to print them all out(doubtful). If I do, I'll be putting the results in a binder to be dropped off later and I'll have the day off to relax with my hubby. Guilt free.

Who wants to bet it'll go nothing like that?

On a brighter note, this is still a fairly rough draft and I don't have a contracted deadline. So if I decide to ignore the plan and just enjoy the day doing anything but writting, I can do that too.


And with that happy thought, I'm off to hit the sack. If I stay up any longer I'm going to be waking up with keyboard marks on my face.



~Sun and Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment