February 12, 2012

Is this thing on?

First I'd like to thank Shell flower over at Tangent Shell for the Versatile Blogger and Kreativ Blogger awards she sent my way last week. It was a very pleasant surprise to say the least. Thanks again!

Also, to those of you who left me little "get well soon" comments, thanks. I'm feeling much better. Today I'll be putting my bucket to better use as I work to get my apartment looking a little less ragged.

In other news, I've been kind of a ghost when it comes to the internet as I continue to chip away at chapter twenty-eight. I've hit several new snags, but after fighting with them off and on over the past few days, it looks like I should have this chapter in the bag sooner rather then later. I would've tried to wrap it up last night, but I'd already spent about three hours worth of time hammering it out while I was at work. I don't know about anyone else, but my brain can only take so much abuse before it runs up the white flag. So instead of doing more work on chapter twenty-eight, I spent the evening with my husband and we watched the Dresden Files dvds I got from the library.

And on that note, I'm off to get started. My husband gets off fairly early today and I still need to clean. Plus I promised homemade pasta and fudgy brownies for dinner tonight. If I want to get it all done in time to wrap up chapter twenty-eight I better get a move on.



~Sun and Moon


P.S. Sorry this post is so short! I will try to write a longer one for next week when my brain is a little less scattered. :3

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better! Man, Chapter 28 is really putting up a fight. When I'm hitting rough spots like that, I definitely need to take breaks too. And yum, now I want brownies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, fight is definitely the word. Especially since what has me so stuck is the final fight scene in the end of the chapter. I'm much better at action when I'm in the rush of writing a new first draft. Editing the scene means I have to think about whether or not something like that would happen.

      Bleh...logic is ruining my fun XD

      Mmm....add vanilla ice cream and some chocolate syrup and I'm a happy girl. Extra points if the brownie is still warm from the oven. ;D

      Delete