May 23, 2013

Mii-aah! >_>

It's been almost two months since my last journal and I finally have some answers.

My son had a fatal birth defect called Trisomy 18. That's the bad news. The good news is that he as he passed away in my womb, he didn't suffer from it like he would have had he been born alive. Also, it was not a hereditary Trisomy, and we only have a 1% chance of this happening again. We're going to wait a year and then try again. Lord willing, I'll have good news to share come this time next year...well, maybe later then that. I hear being pregnant in the summer sucks and I was fortunate enough to escape that last time....

Anyway, I've slowly been getting back to art and writing. At first, all I did was wander around my studio and look at finished pieces, maybe flip through my book notes. The day I finally found the peace to start working on my book and those bits of artwork waiting on my art desk....that was a good day. It still comes and goes, but I'm finding myself slowly making more time for both art and writing in one form or another. 


Right now I'm in the process of getting all my story notes for all my different books into my laptop. I took a small break last week while I went to my first art show(it was a small, local carving and wood-burning show, but I wasn't the only one with drawings and paintings on my table). For the moment edits are a little slow as I'm a bit distracted with getting ready to move soon as well as building inventory for a bigger art show in November(my new landlord and I will be buying a table to sell my drawings and her wood-burning, along with a few collaborations from the two of us). 

And yes, you read that one bit correctly....My husband and I will most likely be moving into a new place with a friend of ours. She's getting a house and needs help with the bills, so she invited us to live with her. It means my husband has a garage to play in and I have a new studio and a new artist friend to scheme with. She has also agreed to be a beta reader for me and help me with my writing. The move will happen in late July, so hopefully I'll be finished with this round of edits by then. It also means I won't have to work for much longer(I go back to work next week...ugh). She and I have some serious plans for the house once she works out the details with its current owner(who is very eager to sell...yay!).

I still don't have
internet access, but Mia has been letting me use her awesome laptop. Even so, I'm not sure if I'll be back to posting regularly about my writing sooner or later. Either way I should be back to posting by the end of August. I'll keep you posted. :)

Later guys.


~Sun and Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment