June 14, 2009

Major setback for me, not so much for you...urk

Hey folks,


So, yeah, I got this nifty laptop and all and loaded my story onto a tiny USB drive so I could work on my story at work. Sounds like a smashing idea, right?

Nope.


Not only did I manage to lose all 4 hours of work I had put into chapter nine by accidently wiping the USB drive clean somehow while it was in my pocket, I also got so pissed off that I threw said USB across my bedroom and into the wall. It shattered of course. We have only found one piece of it so far and Paul says I might as well give it up cause he heard it shatter all the way out in the living room....yeah....I need a damn vacation.


On the good side of things, chapter eight is only 5 pages from being done, and chapter nine has eleven pages done so far, and thats only what I've managed to get into the computer. There are still another 4-6 pages worth in my notebook and I ain't done yet. As soon as I fix the the lost info and get it all retyped in, chapter nine should be about ready togo. The outlines I have for the next few chapters are still holding strong and fall into the story nicely. I hit the half-way marker at chapter 15...wish me luck.

Ok, I better my butt in gear and start working on getting that "lost" stuff rewritten...bleh...I hate this part....

Yeah, I've lost stuff before, and this time sucks far more then those times ever did. Please shoot me now.

Onward!


~Sun and Moon

~Shaliken  


No comments:

Post a Comment