April 22, 2010

Why research is a good thing...I think

Hey guys,


So, I was skimming through some links from
www.authonomy.com when I came across this blog by an agent's assitant calling themself the Rejecter. Their blogs were pretty insightful and I learned some interesting stuff.

And then I found out what it means to have your book type-set....it means each page only has 250-300 words on it. So, out of curiousity, I checked my word count and devided it by 250.

Which turned my manuscript from a little over 400 pages, to being well over 800 pages....Oi.

So needless to say, I have a lot of cutting to do when I get finished. The good news, however, is that this means since I'll be typing double-spaced instead of single-spaced I'll be done with chapters sooner.

In fact, I'm pretty much done with chapter 27. It just needs a hefty polish seeing as it's one of the roughest chapters I've turned out in a while. Tomorrow is a day off for me, so I'll put the polish on it then. Right now I have a painting to work on and laundry to run through.


Toodles!


~Sun and Moon

~Shaliken

No comments:

Post a Comment