October 27, 2013

The bed is calling my name....

This very late blog post is brought to you be a very sheepish writer. 

Um, that would be me, by the way.

I thought I'd finished chapter thirteen last week, but ended up having to go back and rewrite part of it. In my first few drafts of this book I had several betas tell me Kris struck them as pretty immature for her age. Once wouldn't have bothered me, but five different people telling me the same thing? Not something to ignore. 

Thus when I started writing edit notes for this round of edits, I tweaked things a little to give her a little more maturity. What I didn't expect was the domino effect of having to change her reactions and dialog in each successive chapter.

Which means instead of starting chapter fourteen last week, I'm starting it this week. I should only have a couple more instances of tweaking Kristal's dialog and actions before they dovetail into the later chapters. In the meantime it makes for some slow work. 

In the meantime, I'm almost halfway through, but I still have a lot of work to do. I'm editing chapter fourteen as I type this, so I probably ought to get back to it. After all, its almost bedtime and I'm only on page two.
 
Later guys,



~Sun and Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment