October 6, 2013

Duck and cover

Holiday season has started to rear its ugly head at my place of employment and I find myself getting home totally exhausted almost every day. Or anti-social. Or--well, you get the idea.

I hate the mess that is the holiday season in retail. Bad moods abound and people practically kill each other in pursuit of things they never really needed in the first place.

Ugh.


Right now my husband, my art, and my writing are the factors keeping me sane as black friday and christmas begin to loom on the horizon(okay, so maybe that's a little melodramatic, but darn it, I really don't like the holidays...seriously). 

Anyway....I'm still making progress on my edit notes. I've had to do a few more drastic changes(at least they felt pretty drastic...ouch), and I'm once again wondering if I just messed up my story. I started chapter twelve this week and find while downtime is needed in chapters to balance out the story, I'm itching to get on to one of my favorite parts....two chapters on.

I really need to learn some patience...but at least this chapters notes aren't as vague as they were in earlier chapters. Thank goodness. I still can't believe I was that obtuse. How embarrassing.

And on that note, I better get back to work.


~Sun and Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment