August 30, 2015

A quick fix is never quick...

If I ever say I just need to do a quick fix on a chapter, or even just part of a scene, feel free to laugh. 

It's never a quick fix.

I dipped back into chapter twenty to do a "quick fix" two weeks ago. I'm just now making some headway, but I'm also still thoroughly mired in a scene barely two pages long. It's a tricky bit I've considered cutting out, but I need some version of it for the character's romantic relationship. 

My problem is I've over complicated it and I need to simplify things if I'm going to make it work properly. But how to manage that is beyond me at the moment, so I just keep plugging away at it in the hope that something will smack me upside the head and all the pieces will drop into place.

Hey, it could happen!

In the meantime, I need to get ready for my permit test this week. I finally wrangled some time to study the darned booklet and the time has come to see if any of it sunk in.The online pre-tests went well, so here's hoping!

Catch you later, guys. 

Hopefully with good news, one way or another. 



~Sun and Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment