October 23, 2011

Balancing act

I really need to get back on the ball.

Today I realized its been way to long since I put chapter 27 to bed and started in on chapter 28 without anything to show for it but a notebook page of notes. While this is still work, its not enough for me. I've been slacking big time.

I could blame this on the new Sims 3 expansion, or the ginormous stack of library books sitting in jumble of worn covers and yellowing pages in my art studio, or even the fact that the past few days have been far too nice to spend indoors. However, it all boils down to a lack of balance and I darn well know it.

Excuses don't fix much, let me tell you, and they don't get work done either. Now, I could've buckled down today and I didn't. I could've cleaned the kitchen properly instead of just doing the dishes and calling it a day, or maybe given the bathroom a good scrubbing. There are guinea pig cages that still need to be cleaned, and I've a small pile of artwork still waiting to be finished.

You can't really enjoy the moments of relaxation if you've left things undone that you shouldn't have. For instance, its hard to really dive into the pages of an old favorite when your conscience is nagging you about the dirty laundry peeking out through the bathroom door.

A little balance can go a long way to making you feel at ease, like you've really accomplished something. Its too late for me to get back on the ball tonight, but tomorrow is another day and I plan to spend it with the scent of fresh pine shaving in my nose and the gritty scrape of a comet dusted rag in my ears as I put my apartment to rights. Maybe I'll even get on of those pieces of artwork polished off and still have time to catch some sun before relaxing with my husband until bedtime. You never know, right? After all, life is what you make of it and I for one don't intend to let it go to waste.

Well, that's all for me tonight. Work starts early tomorrow and I've a lot to get done once my shift is over.

G'night, guys.


 ~Sun and Moon

P.S. Has anyone else had trouble getting Blogger to post a scheduled blog entry? Darn thing just sits there...>_<

No comments:

Post a Comment