June 24, 2012

Pesky edits are pesky

I've been bad.

Now, I could blame my lack of progress with chapter twenty-nine on the craziness of the past couple weeks, the pesky snag I've been fighting with, or even on the new scene waiting to be written. It wouldn't be entirely true though. You see, the root of it all is me and my tendencey to procrastinate.

Like I said...I've been bad.

Instead of working on edits I've been working on art, or cleaning my apartment, or trying to catch up on books I've been itching to read. I haven't neglected edits completely, though. I've been doing them a bit at a time on my breaks at work, but those little snippets of time aren't enough. Which means tonight I'll be staying up late to get some real work done. I'm about halfway through the chapter(not including the new scene), so with a little elbow grease and a lot of tea, I should be able to get pretty far before I hit the sack tonight.

I really want to get this round of edits done. Then it's some minor tweaks and I can move on to book two. The outlines for the first ten chapters are burning a hole in the drawer where I keep my notes. On top of that, I've got yet another story idea bouncing around my head.

One day, I'll catch up with all the stories I want to write. For now, I better get to work. Wish me luck, guys. I might need it.


~Sun and Moon  





.

No comments:

Post a Comment